Canon Portkey - Help - User Accounts
Intro | Getting started | Searching | Exploring | Tag
& icon search | Your Account | FAQ | Feedback
& comments | Return
How to use your account
Your account is there so that you can get back to your favorite canon events
and/or see a list of events that you have tagged. If you are working on a
theory or fanfic you can collect what you need all in one place. Other
members can see what you have collected too.
and your "profile" are the same thing.
How to see your account
If you sign in you will be listed ("Members currently online") at the bottom
of every Portkey page. Click on your name and you will see your account.
Changing your profile
- Sign in and go to your account (see
- Look for the link "Edit
just below the Portkey logo.
- Once you are there you can change your password
and tell everyone a little bit about yourself (optional).
Changing your settings
- Make sure you are signed in.
- On the main
Portkey page, look for the link "Page
display settings" and click on it. This is where you can set which
books you use (UK or US), and control how much information gets displayed
when you do searches.
- Do a search and pick an event you want to tag.
- Click on the
event citation (ie: SS: chapter 11, pp. 181-182)
- Click the "Reference tools" tab, and under the staff tags look for "You
have not created any tags for this record. Would you like to tag
- Click "tag this," and a box for tags will appear.
- Type your tags, separating them with commas. Spaces are allowed.
For example, I tagged Chapter 12 of Book 1 with: longing, love, memory, life,
Marking favorite events
- Do a search
- Click on the gray heart for
every event you want to bookmark. If it turns red , it has been saved to
Created 6 May, 2007; last updated 7 May, 2007.